Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Saturday lessons are the best!


My mom was down visiting us over the weekend and since the weather wasn't too dreadful (yet), she and Henri joined me at Triple Rise for a Saturday lesson! Henri napped most of the time which meant he missed seeing his mama rock the house, but at least he was rested enough to visit the horses before we left (Paris was very interested!).
The lesson itself was better than the previous one (Thursday) but still not quite as good as a couple of weeks ago. I'm still working on not jumping ahead and staying patient to the jumps. I feel like I'm getting better - I know in my head what I'm supposed to do, it's just a matter of learning how to make my body do it properly. Jessie seems to think that Adult Amateurs (3' for ages 18 and up) will be no problem and that I'm ready to get back in the show ring right this instant. God bless her, haha. I do hope to be showing at the three foot level next year, but I would be just fine if I had to do Modified Child/Adult (2'9") - or, hey, even a little Pre-Adult. I just can't wait to put on a hunt coat again! Spring Hunter Jumper (or Mother's Day) is so far away!

No comments:

Post a Comment