Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Keenan update

Sarah called me this morning to give me her take on Mr. Keenan's lameness. She said that he is sound at the walk, which is a relief because the last time I saw him, Saturday night, he was still Limpy McGee at the walk. Sarah agreed with me that he is not in any severe pain and that he is still eating like a champ and acting like his normal self. We're planning on letting him have this week off and treating him with wraps, ice and the magnetic blanket. If he has not improved by the time Sarah leaves for Country Classic Preview next Monday, she'd like to take him with her and have the vet look at him up there. I'm all for this because if he does not heal this week there will be no Country Classic for us, anyway (obviously) and since we've already paid for his transportation and lodging to and in Wilsonville, I'd just as soon use that money + our C.C. entry fees to get him figured out and fixed up. My big worry is that he'll need an ultrasound, which of course are not a dime a dozen. I still don't have a job and I feel so guilty asking Mom to shell out the big bucks. If this injury turns out to be something even borderline serious, I think I can kiss the rest of this show season good-bye. I don't really care about that from a points/ribbons standpoint - as much fun as it is to win, I'm in this for the horses - but shows are just fun to go to! It creates such a bond between a horse and rider, not to mention the fun of rooting for your barnmates and being the resident Triple Rise photo nut...I'll still go to Country Classic and Northwest Spectacular as a spectator/helper, but I hope my boy is better by then. Come on, Keenan - time to heal, buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment