Wednesday, February 3, 2010

showtime!

Good lesson tonight, I only botched one of three courses, the other two were actually pretty solid! Sarah's exact words: "way to show these kids how it's done!" "wow, fancy!" I had a really great time with Keenan, he's such a goof. And Rapper has started doing a cute thing - when I'm about 3/4 of the way down the aisle to his stall, he starts nickering like crazy and gets so excited to see me. It's cool to have horses who are so affectionate and who I have such a connection with.
In other news, it's time to start planning our show season. Right now I'm thinking...
  • February 14 - Pony Club benefit show, Goshen, OR.
  • May 14 - 16 - Mother's Day Classic, Eugene, OR.
  • June 25 - 27 - Early Summer Classic, Wilsonville, OR.
  • July 16 - 18 - Country Classic, Wilsonville, OR.
  • September 3 - 5 - Northwest Spectacular, Wilsonville, OR.

I might add in the Spring Hunter/Jumper show next month, but honestly, showing is so expensive and it takes so much time off work...I just wish I didn't HAVE to have a job and could just be a horse bum full-time. Sometimes (almost always) I wish I could work at the barn full-time and take care of all my horse-related bills that way...*sigh* maybe someday I can just live my horsey life instead of having to split it with the real world.

No comments:

Post a Comment