Monday, March 29, 2010

show results

I'm still extremely exhausted from this weekend, so I'm not going to go into much more detail than this:

Friday - I sucked. I waited around all day to show, and with each hour, I got more and more nervous. I was 4th or 5th in all of my rounds (out of, like, 6 competitors) because I managed to forget to breathe regularly. I did better in my last class of the day, my first medal round, but overall, I still count it as pretty pathetic.

Saturday - Much better. I only rode in two classes, rounding out my hunter division, but I got a 3rd and 4th in those. More importantly, I felt a LOT better. AND (hee hee) I got to wear my new show outfit, the much-anticipated pinkish-orange show shirt and dark brown coat! (is it sad when your clothes are the highlight of your day?....my defense: I work in retail.)

Sunday - One of my best show days to date! I got 2nds in my first two equitation rounds, then a 3rd. I actually WON my eq class on the flat (which Sarah said was "lovely") and wound up reserve champs for the Pre-Adult Equitation division! Then we won our Hillcrest Mini Medal round! I almost cried when they announced that. Given how I'd started the weekend, I did NOT think I'd be able to pull it together that well on Sunday.

Keenan was absolutely fantastic all weekend. He takes such good care of me and is such a team player. I honestly think that's why we did so horribly on Friday - he's more than capable of doing things on his own, but he hates it. And a grumpy horse is not a winning horse. The cutest thing about the weekend was Keenan realizing that he doesn't just have a "mom" but a real family. I know it sounds silly, but there was one time this weekend when Keenan was fretting and fidgeting a little at the back gate and I motioned to Nathan up in the stands and mouthed "he needs you." Sure enough, once that spoiled little prince of a horse had two people to dote on him, he was relaxed as can be.

So to sum up, great horse, great people, great show, great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment