Wednesday, January 20, 2010

changes and pleasant surprises

There's a lot going on at Triple Rise this time of year. It's only January, but we're all preparing for the 2010 show season and for some of the girls, that means it's time for new horses! My mom and I bought Keenan back in October and since then a fleet of new horses have come to call TREC home and some veteran horses have new moms.
Kristine and her mom bought "Q" (Elusive Q) from a well-known stable in Portland and brought him home shortly after I got the Keenster. Q is a towering dark bay Thoroughbred with a heart of gold. He loves to make friends with anyone in his vicinity.
Mike and Mollie (barn owners) bought "Beau" (Beaudacious) as a lesson horse and he and Gabby have become pretty close. Gabby was leasing our trainer Sarah's first horse Szarka and now she's helping Beau learn how to relax and enjoy life a little more - he didn't even know how to eat treats before Gabby!
Jessie sold her horse "Patches" (Patchwork) to Anna just last week and brought home "Cody" (show name TBD) only yesterday. Jessie told me near the end of the show season that she was planning on moving up in the show world and would be selling Patches. I've always just adored that horse and, at the time, lamented the fact that I was too big for him. But then I realized I was being silly, that such a good, quiet, gentleman of a horse should be a first horse for one of the younger girls, "like Anna," I thought to myself. And lo and behold! I'm very excited to be keeping Patches around, and Jessie is ecstatic that he is staying where she can still see him every day.
TREC is also the home to "Tootsie," a new young pony that Sarah is finishing for a client. She's an adorable little blonde thing who lives next to Rapper and adores him.
I can't wait to see what this year will bring with the group of new horses and new owners at TREC!

No comments:

Post a Comment