Wednesday, July 28, 2010

bummer

Fell off Keenan yesterday...it was supposed to be my first lesson back on him and we didn't even make it through warming up. At a trot. Ugh. It started with that little playful bucking-half-rearing thing he sometimes does. I was sitting it out just fine, but as I was leaning forward to keep my balance, his head and neck came up and smashed me right in the face. That did it. I fell off, right on my bum. And what really sucked...I was just a little scared to get back on. I did anyway but I just walked around for a few minutes. Sarah told me to untack Keenan and turn him out so he could gallop his kinks and bucks out - which he did. It was...incredible. I've never seen my horse gallop full out and yesterday it finally hit me: he really did used to be a racehorse! Very cool to see all that power on full display. Still, I'm unnerved that I was the least bit scared...I've never been scared of my horse before...
Sarah's schooling him today and we're giving the lesson another try tomorrow. Wish us luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment