Wednesday, July 14, 2010

hi from the boys!

Just wanted to share this picture of my boys! Rapper's eye was much better today (thank you ice gel pack and Swat ointment!) and even though progress is slow with Keenan's abscess, he seems content and sound - albeit bored. I turned Rapper out in the arena today while I soaked Keenan's foot and he made friends with Sophie. He even came right to her when she called and stood patiently while she haltered him and led him back to his stall. Keenan, on the other hand, was a wild man. He enjoyed his convalescence at first, but now he's ready to get back to work. He about ripped my arm out of the socket when I led him into the arena to hand walk him. It's weird - I'm not afraid of either of my horses but when 16.2 hand Keenan starts throwing a fit, you suddenly realize just how big he is. Didn't let him get away from me, though, which was of course what he wanted. For all his trouble, he got yanked and yelled at and had to practice good manners and showmanship for 20 minutes. That'll teach him. Punk.

No comments:

Post a Comment