Thursday, July 29, 2010

did it!


Actually made it through a lesson and stayed on, haha! Not that I usually come off, but I was pretty shaken up by my fall the other day. I didn't get hurt and it wasn't, to use Sarah's term, "an epic fall" but it dawned on me as I was picking myself up and dusting myself off: I don't have health insurance. I know that sounds like a bizarre thing to think about, and honestly until my dad mentioned something the other day, it hadn't even crossed my mind, but...well now I can't stop thinking about it! Sarah put a really good spin on the situation today as we were heading up to the outdoor arena, she said that because Keenan is usually such a good boy, him acting up like he did on Tuesday IS a little unnerving - because it's unexpected. When Rapper bucks, I just sit it out and laugh because it doesn't faze me - he's been doing stuff like that for 13 years!

Today was a good day, though. As soon as I got on and we'd walked around for a few laps, I put him right to work at the trot. I figured if he had a job to do right off the bat he wouldn't have time to think about being silly. It worked. He is a little stiff and out of shape, so when we started jumping, he made a four stride line a five and I didn't set him up correctly for one oxer and he dropped a rail...but overall, it felt GREAT to be jumping my horse again. Sarah said that we did well, for a pair that hasn't worked together much lately. Feels great to be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment