Thursday, October 20, 2011

Clunker

Just when you think you're making progress...thud. Saturday's lesson was fantastic - I really felt like I was making progress. I was really aware of my decisions in the saddle and Rachel said I rode a "smart" course. Yesterday's lesson, on the other hand, was...less than great. It was one of those days when the real takeaway is a freshly illuminated mental light bulb and the hope that you won't make the same mistake again. I'll spare you (and myself) the embarrassing details - let's just say it involved having to grab mane through a gymnastic of crossrails because I dropped my reins. Yeah, ouch.
But I think I finished well and Rachel informed me that she wants me to get to the next level, so she's going to start pushing me. Okay by me!

No comments:

Post a Comment